Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Best Meal of the Month...Hands Down.

Last night we had my parents down for dinner. Husband and I cooked grilled mahi mahi, roasted shrimp, roasted scallions, and roasted potatoes. It was really delicious (if I do say so myself).

I started by roasting the potatoes. These potatoes were similar to roasted new potatoes that I have previously blogged about. This time, I used red potatoes which I sliced 1/4 inch thick.I then coated them in extra virgin olive oil. Next, I sprinkled them with paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, I put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I then flipped them, and roasted for another 20 minutes.

While the potatoes were roasting I prepared the scallions. That was very simple. I just cut the ends of the scallions off. Then, when I took the potatoes out to flip, I added the scallions to the baking sheet. I coated them in evoo, salt, and pepper and let them roast with the potatoes for 20 minutes. I'd never had them roasted before and I really liked them.



For the mahi mahi, husband tossed the fillets in evoo, salt, pepper, and Old Bay. Then, he grilled them for about 10 minutes. Yum. The shrimp were super simple. I just tossed them in evoo, salt, and pepper and roasted in a 400 degree oven for 4 minutes, perfect.



We all really enjoyed the meal. Every last piece of food was eaten! No leftovers in my lunch today!

Up tonight: grilled chicken salad.

Snow is on it's way tonight...maybe no school tomorrow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment