Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's Been a While

It's been a while since my last post. Life has been bustling and busy! I'm happy to report that I am sickness-free. I am hoping to avoid any more flu for at least the rest of this year! I've been cooking off and on the past couple of weeks. One of my favorite meals of the year came along two weeks ago: St. Patrick's Day dinner! We had corned beef, Irish potatoes, and cabbage. It was very yummy and I enjoyed the leftovers for a few days.



Last week I fixed a super easy one pan meal that was really good. I am calling it roasted chicken and vegetables. This is a great meal to make if you don't have a ton of hands-on time. You really only need about ten minutes to prep all of the ingredients and the rest of the time is cooking time in the oven. For this dish (2 servings) you will need: 2 chicken breasts, a bunch of scallions- white and green parts, cut into thrids, 3 gold potatoes (or whatever potato you have) diced, baby carrots, evoo, paprika, salt, and pepper. Preheat the oven to 450. First start by prepping the chicken. To do this, rub the chicken with olive oil on both sides. Next, sprinkle the paprika over the chicken. You want enough to cover the top of the chicken. After that, sprinkle it with the salt and pepper. Put the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet (easier clean up) and place it in the oven for 15 minutes. After fifteen minutes, take the chicken out and add the vegetables to the pan. Drizzle them with olive oil, and add salt and pepper. You can sprinkle some lemon juice over it all for extra flavor. Place all of that back into the oven for another 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. So easy, so great!



The last picture is one from a lunch that I had this weekend while in Annapolis, Maryland. One of husband's best friends got married this weekend so we had a great weekend celebrating in Annapolis. This is a dish called crab-stuffed shrimp accompanied by rice pilaf and asparagus from the Federal House. I had gotten it there before and liked it a lot better the first time, but it was still pretty good the second!

No comments:

Post a Comment