Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back In Business

My laptop has returned!

On Thursday night my husband grilled some chicken and I cooked some green beans. It was a quick dinner because he has a meeting on Thursday nights. Both the chicken and the green beans were really good. The chicken was good cut up on a salad the next day for lunch too. We ate all of the green beans at dinner, they were excellent if I do say so myself. I par boiled them for about five minutes. After that, I sauteed them in some evoo. I added garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a couple dashes of paprika. So easy, so good!



Last night we enjoyed salmon with a brown mustard glaze and black forest brusell sprouts. The brown mustard glaze for salmon is one of my favorites. Both items were from an old Rachael Ray magazine from my early days of cooking. For the glaze, you whisk together 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 1/2 tablespoons of dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and the juice of half a lemon. I seared my salmon and then transferred it to a baking pan. Then, I poured the glaze on and baked it on 400 degrees for about 7 minutes.

To start the brussell sprouts, you need to boil a pot of water. Cut and trim the sprouts (about one pound). Boil for five minutes. While they are working, cook up five to six pieces of bacon. Once the bacon has cooked, remove it from the pan reserving the grease. Into the grease you add one onion, sliced. Cook the onion until soft. After it has finished, you remove the onions and reserve the pan. Drain the brussell sprouts. Into the pan that the onions and bacon cooked in, you add the brussell sprouts and cook for about five more minutes. Crumble the bacon and add it and the onions back to the pan (to re-warm them). Transfer all to a bowl.





Before dinner we went to see "Life As We Know It". It was super good, I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment