Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Updates

So here's the skinny on my laptop: it's still broken. It's still not here. Boo.

The 4-1-1 on husband's laptop: it seems to be doing fine after recovering from "a critical battery error" during which the laptop squaked and beeped and squealed at me several times. I exude bad luck when it comes to computers...oh well.

An update on what I've been cooking lately...well it is sort of hard to remember because it's been a while, but I will apply my critical thinking skills and remember some of the dishes. (which is not really critically thinking, but whatever) I do have to note that my husband just looked at me and asked me, "what are you doing?" I said, "I am blogging." Then, another series of comments went down which ultimately resulted in him saying "why are you blogging you haven't cooked anything interesting in a week?" Thanks.

Let's see..I cooked a tilapia dish with roasted new potatoes. It was so simple and really good. In fact, I'd eat it again and I don't even really like tilapia that much. You start off by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Then, I coated a baking sheet with foil which you then add the potatoes (8 or so new small potatoes), a lemon, sliced, and fresh thyme. You coat all of that with extra virgin olive oil and roast for 20 minutes. While that is working, you salt and pepper the tilapia, and sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon of paprika on it. After the potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, nestle the tilapia in with the potatoes and cook for about 15 more minutes. It was so good! It's a recipe from Real Simple this month. I linked the recipe...I didn't follow it exactly.

I also cooked a spiced couscous and chicken dish from this month's Food Network Magazine(my new favorite food mag to which I'll be subscribing from now on). I'll link the recipe because honestly, I didn't follow it enough to write about how to change it, and I didn't like it. It was a one hit wonder in this household.

This past weekend husband I visited family in Florida. While I was there, I cooked diner with some of the family. We had fillet, my favorite risotto, grilled corn, and Cesar salad. There was good food and good company. It was nice to have dinner with everyone! While there we dined at Disney World, but that's really nothing to write home about. The trip was fun, the food was, well, theme park food. We also went out to dinner one night to Bonefish- only one of my favorite restaurants. That made my stomach smile.

I'm sure I have cooked other, perhaps, noteworthy dishes, but I can't recall them right now. And-this post is long enough. I apologize for the lack of pictures, but the links do have a picture if you're just dying to check it out (which I know you all are, don't deny it).

In closing, I would like to recommend to you pretzal lovers out there, Pepridge Farm Baked Naturals Pretzal Thins. I bought them tonight and they are delectable.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment