Monday, February 28, 2011

Rainy Day

Well, today started out sunny and very warm. The weather definitely turned this afternoon though- tornado watches and thunderstorms! It was raining really hard when I left work- and I really needed to go to the grocery store. So, I decided to brave the rain, because, well, a girl's gotta eat. Halfway through my 30 minute drive the rain let up some which was nice. When I got to the store a parking space opened up 3 spots down from the front. That was awesome, especially considering that it was raining hard again when I left.

My husband has been out of town since last Friday and will be gone until Sunday, ahh! It gets to be a bit lonely around here without him. I am already ready for him to be back. I do get to fix a bunch of meals this week that he doesn't like though, so that's an up-side to his absence.

In other news, our microwave died tonight. It was a good microwave I suppose- I've had it since college. Fortunately it died after I had just heated up a cup of Guatemalan coffee.

Tonight I made curried tomato soup. It was a little side recipe in this month's Real Simple. It was so easy to make and tasted pretty good too. It would easily serve four people. For the recipe you need the following: 1 small onion, diced, 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped, 1 28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, 1 tbs evoo, salt, pepper, and a dash of curry powder. To start, pour the 1 tbs of evoo in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Then, add your salt and pepper (to taste) and the dash of curry powder. After that, pour in the tomatoes with their juices. Add the 1/2 cup of water. Bring all of that to a boil. Once it is boiling, transfer it all into a blender and puree until smooth. I transferred mine back to the pan to keep warm. That's it! I topped mine with some chopped parsley and a dollop of Greek yogurt.



The following two photos are of two other meals I've made recently. One is chili- my mom's recipe. The other is a steamed tilapia and rice with vegetables. That's an easy one to make. I'll post the recipe another time because pictures of how to do it need to be with it (I didn't take any this time).



Tomorrow I'm going to be ambitious and wake up early enough to fix a cute little breakfast. I found a bagel recipe that I want to try. You take your favorite bagel, top with cream cheese, spread a little honey on there, and top with some apple slices. Sounds good to me. If I am awake enough I may get a picture in- no promises.

Well I'm off to wrap up my day and make my way to bed (have to get that sleep in so I can make my bagel!). I will say that I do quite enjoy the queen size bed all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment