Monday, May 2, 2011

Favorite Things

So tonight as I went to make dinner, I looked at the recipe and decided that it was just not going to work out. So I used the recipe more as an inspiration. I cooked a light Mediterranean-like pasta dish with chicken. I'm not going to post the recipe yet because I want to make it again and tweak it a bit. Here is the original recipe which I think would be good especially if you add chicken and feta cheese.

I decided that tonight I just wanted to share some of my recent favorite things in life.

1. I love pilates. As I have mentioned before, I don't like to work out. Pilates doesn't even feel to me like I'm exercising, but it is a work out, so it's win win. I love the instantly streamed video, "Choose Your Level Weight Loss Pilates" from Netflix- perfect for an at home workout.



2. When my husband washes the dishes...it is awesome to have cooked a meal and not have to worry about cleaning it up. He does the dishes most every night, love it.

3. My Pottery Barn, "asparagus platter"...it is not just for asparagus, but that's what its called. It is a great size and perfect for serving up many different foods.



4. The Bible verse that was read at the Royal wedding (yes I watched it, and yes I liked it). It's Romans 12: 1-2, 9-19...my favorite part from the translation they read was: "Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. "

5. This mini exchange I had with husband the other day while watching a Braves game...he always puts things in perspective, ha:
me- who is that player with the blonde hair?
husband- McClouth
me- oh he's cute...is he married?
husband- no, but you are.

Favorite Kitchen Gadget: This really isn't a gadget, but I love my stainless steel soup pot. It is a perfect size for making a small batch of soup, boiling pasta for two, or for boiling some potatoes to make mashed potatoes. It's also good for hard-boiling eight or so eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment