Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

This past weekend we celebrated my Mom’s birthday. Husband and I arrived and hung out with my family for the day and then cooked dinner (with the help of Dad & brother). We had a good time both making and eating the food! For dinner we made: lemon-pepper grilled chicken, roasted asparagus with mustard vinaigrette, roasted tomatoes, and my favorite risotto. I’ve made some of these before so I’ll link the recipes. The mustard vinaigrette for the asparagus was a new recipe that MIL gave me. It was a really good variation for roasted asparagus. Here’s the recipe:

Mustard Vinaigrette:

2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbs fresh thyme, 1 Tbs lemon juice, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp whole grain mustard, salt, pepper. Whisk all of the ingredients together, enjoy!

I also made a Key Lime cake, which was actually, get ready, really good! I was so excited (and so were the people who had to eat it). We had a great weekend!

Tonight, as the last week of school is progressing, I feel exhausted. I started drinking coffee at 7:30 tonight to stay awake to watch a movie, ha. I’m drinking it in my favorite Steamboat Willie coffee mug!

Favorite Kitchen Gadget: Silicone Tongs. I love my silicone tipped tongs because they are awesome when you’re cooking in a non-stick pot/pan and need to use the tongs to turn meat or something; they won’t scratch up the finish. Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment