Saturday, July 16, 2011

Travels, Basil Pesto, and a Little Redecorating

Back again! July this year has been the month of travel for husband and me. We started off the month at the beach, then he took kids to Young Life camp while I visited my family and my mother-in-law. Next week we are headed to Charleston! I'm very excited. Here's some photos from our travels.


All the girls at the beach had matching 4th of July headbands


My little brother & me on his 21st birthday


MIL and I got matching tanks at a local marina at the river

Last night we went to see Winnie the Pooh. I was super excited since I grew up on Pooh; it was a precious movie. And- we were the only ones in the the theater! I love when that happens.

Last week when I was home for a few days, I made some basil pesto. I have so much basil growing that I have to start using it up! It was a super easy recipe from Southern Living and tasted good too. Here's how to make it...
You'll need: 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup of almonds (I used almonds instead of pine nuts), 2 garlic cloves, 3 tbs cold water, 1 tbs lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp salt.
Process all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.



I have recently been in the mood to redecorate. Sometimes I just want a change around the house. So I decided to make a frame collage on one of the walls in our living room. It is still a work in progress. My dad and I cut out an M to include in the collage. It's my favorite part of the whole thing.



I'm ending this post with a favorite Pooh Bear quote...
“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment