Sunday, July 24, 2011

We're Back

Today husband and I arrived home after a few days of vacation in Charleston, SC. We had an awesome time and it was a great way to wrap up summer vacation. You see, next Monday, it's back to school for this girl. I'm sad that summer break is over because I love being home in the summer, being able to travel and spending time with my favorite people. We have one last shindig this Saturday with some of our best friends from college, and then its back to reality. Husband leaves the second week of August for two weeks for an assignment at Young Life camp. I can't go since I'll be back at work which I'm sad about. I'll get to see him on the weekends so that is nice.

Back to Charleston...we had such a great time. Some of the highlights: we took a horse-drawn carriage ride around town, we ate at so many fab restaurants and every single meal was incredible, we went to a cooking demonstration at an awesome local cooking store, shopped, bought things as we shopped, and basically just had a wonderful time just the two of us. Below are some pictures from the trip...


after a house tour


our horse from our carriage ride


some favorite Charleston finds



On our way home, we stopped in Raleigh to send off one of husband's very best friends, Adam. He is moving to Texas, so he had a going away party. We got to see some great friends there. Here's a pic of some of the girls...college pals!



Tonight we had a hodge podge, what could we find in the fridge, dinner. I pulled out some sliders that I had made up in the freezer, cooked up some squash from my parent's garden, sauteed some spinach that we needed to use up, and roasted some potatoes coated in Willie's Hog Dust. If you have never heard of or eaten Willie's Hog Dust, you need to. It was used in the cooking demonstration we went to in Charleston. It is so yummy and you can use it on a ton of different foods. Check out the link!



I have some goals for this week such as doing one last really good clean on the place, riding a horse for the first time, going to the pool, and enjoying having nothing really to do. For now, I'm going to go watch Food Network Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment