Thursday, September 1, 2011

Easy Barbeque Chicken

Last week when I was talking to my mom on the phone she mentioned that she had put some chicken in the crock pot with barbecue sauce one morning and had it for dinner that night. I thought that was a great idea, so I gave it a try. This is a simple barbecue chicken recipe that is easy and very customizable; that's my kind of recipe.

You will need a crock pot to make this happen of course. First, choose your favorite cut of chicken and your favorite barbecue sauce. We'd already had chicken breasts (my favorite) earlier in the week so I opted for chicken legs this time. I used "Bill's Black Label" barbecue sauce because, well, that's what I had on hand. My favorite sauce is "Sweet Baby Ray's". After you've made your choices, slice up one onion. Pour in about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of water into your crock pot (amount of water depends on the size of the meat, less for legs, more for breasts). Next, place your chicken and onions into the pot. Then, pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken and onion slices until it is all coated. Cook on low 4-6 hours, depending on the size of your meat. Then, it's dinner time! This chicken was so good and was cooked perfectly!


Tuesday was a pretty rough day for me, but it was made much better with flowers from husband! I do quite enjoy seeing these flowers on the table when I get home each day!


Well, I can't talk him out of it, so husband and I are watching the first night of college football. And, when I say watching, I mean him watching and me looking at a magazine. Quality time...can't beat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment