Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just a Little Update

So, we are now on week four of school and I have acquired my first illness. I have come down with a cold which I am combating with NyQuil/DayQuil. I'm surprised that I'm still awake actually. I do hope that this little cold will go away before the weekend. We get a half of a day off Friday and Monday off for Labor Day, and I am way excited. We are headed to Raleigh on Saturday to do some shopping and go the first NC State game of the season. I'm so pumped. For now though, I will begin a strict vitamin regimen to hopefully avoid any further illnesses. I'd prefer not to have a repeat of last year (the flu twice & strep).

I haven't cooked for a few days so sorry no new recipes to post. Tomorrow I am going to do a barbecue crock pot chicken, so dinner will be ready when I get home!

In other news, I am very glad to be going shopping on Saturday as I have decided that I currently just do not love anything I own. This usually happens to me toward the end of any season so I am happy to maybe hit up some good Labor Day sales. I am also hoping to plant some fall flowers this weekend. I am planning on doing a pretty arrangement of mums. I have also been contemplating doing a winter herb pot for the house. I'm not sure if I want to commit to that just yet. I also don't know if my little heart can handle any more herb-growing failure this year. This past weekend I got some fall smelling candles which make me very happy. I. love. fall. So, the cooler weather we've been having lately and the falling of leaves bring a smile to my face. I am looking forward to picking apples, making a lot of different apple-inspired dishes, and to eating Little Debbie pumpkin cookies this season.

Well, I am beginning to close my eyes which means bed time for this girl. Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Little Deb. pumpkin cookies!!! and Fall! and you! :)

    ReplyDelete