Saturday, August 6, 2011

Just A Note

Just some random notes on life...

1. My whole life I have liked leftovers...but lately I really don't. I feel like they're not good anymore or something. Weird, I know.

2. It is raining a whole lot right now, borderline thunderstorm. I only like thunderstorms when husband is home, otherwise I get scared.

3. I. love. the. banjo.

4. Tomorrow husband leaves for Rockbridge (a Young Life camp) on assignment for two weeks. I am way bummed that I don't get to go spend the whole time with him and the rest of the team. I am only going up on weekends, including tomorrow night which is crazy because I will be getting up REALLY early on Monday to drive back for the first day of school!

5. I really love the song "Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham. You should too.

6. Tonight we had an all roasted/baked dinner. I didn't use a single pot or pan which made cleanup nice. Not that I cleaned it up, but it was nice for Kenneth. I started the whole thing off by preheating the oven to 400. I baked two sweet potatoes wrapped in foil for 40 minutes. After 15 minutes of the sweet potatoes baking, I put the pork tenderloin in. To prep the pork I rubbed it in evoo, and added a rub to the top (2 tsp each of dried thyme and dried oregano, 1 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper). I roasted it for 25 minutes until a thermometer read 145 degrees. During the last 15 minutes of roasting, I put in brussell sprouts that had been drizzled with evoo, and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. They were awesome, I love roasted vegetables!


7. While my husband's two week departure is quite sad, there is some good news. For two whole weeks I get to cook things that I like that he doesn't. I am really excited...I've already planned out my menu!

8. Today we had lunch with Kenneth's college roommate who we haven't seen in years and it was so great.

I'm off to enjoy my last day and a half of no school and time with husband. Come Monday the roads will fill with buses and the halls will fill with kids, and I will get to teach them. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment