Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quick Post on a Quick DIY

Happy Tuesday! It has been snowing/icing/etc. off and on here for two days and we are so. over. it. I am ready for some spring weather. When it turned cold on Sunday, I decided to whip out some craft supplies and give my front door wreath a little makeover. I consulted good ole' Pinterest and landed on a simple wreath design that would use things I already had. So, today I'll share with you my quick DIY wreath.

For this project you'll need: scissors, a wreath form (in the tutorial I saw, they just bent a hanger into a circle), fabric cut into strips, and ribbon for hanging. Here's how it goes:

I started out with a bunch of leftover fabric from various projects. If you didn't have any, a lot of times, fabric stores have a scrap bin that you can grab good sizes scraps for about $1.

Cut the fabrics into strips. It doesn't have to be perfect or even the exact same size. Just eyeball it.


Simply tie the fabric on to your wreath form. One tie will suffice. This process actually goes much quicker than you would think. It took me about 20 minutes to do the whole wreath. 


The finished product!


The whole thing probably took me an hour including little breaks to make sure Holly had her paci and her toy hadn't fallen too far out of reach. It was super simple, which I like. And- nothing had to be exact - good for people like me who get tired of meticulously putting something together. Will I love this wreath forever? Nope. But, it is a nice change for now and it was free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment