Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Starting Again

Hi! So, I have taken quite a sabbatical from blogging for a few years. Recently, I decided that I’d like to take another gander at it, and here I am! I have no better introduction than that, so there it is.

In this blog’s former life, it was mostly about cooking because, really, I used to have a ton of time to cook. It was my thing. Now, I still cook, but it’s really out of necessity most of the time and not just for the fun of it. Thus, the direction of my blog is changing! New name, new content. Awesome. We’ve moved, had a baby, and started new jobs providing for lots of new things to write about!


Today I’m starting off simple and sharing about my favorite room in our new place: the nursery! Right now, Holly’s nursery is pretty simplistic. This is mainly because we are living in an apartment right now as we save to buy a house. I didn’t do too, too much with her room because I wanted to wait until she has a more permanent dwelling! Nonetheless, it is still my favorite room here. Her room has the most sunlight and is just a happy place! So I’ll walk you through with some pictures below. Stay tuned for more updates about life with baby, memorable moments, and our journey to where we are now.



Here's Holly's crib. We have Pali nursery furniture which we love.  Beside her crib, to the left, is a large butterfly rocking toy. We bought this a long, long time ago and saved it for our first precious baby.


In front of Holly's crib is a fun hot pink/white chevron rug that her Grandma bought her 


This is my favorite corner of her room. This chair from Best Chairs is super comfy. Her nursery is "bird themed", so I love one of my snow day projects- the birds on a wire wall art.

"h" for Holly hanging on her door (Pottery Barn)

Detail added to a toy bin (bin-TJ Maxx)

I made these "puffs" for a corner of the room. A super simple tissue-paper craft.
On one wall, there is a frame  of as many of our friends I could fit (there are many more) who prayed for baby Holly on her way here!

A special little bird on the dresser

Lastly, a little bird detail on the curtain rod (Lowes)



No comments:

Post a Comment