Monday, August 23, 2010

The Cooking Rut

August has been the month of repeats. I have not ventured out to many new recipes thus the lack of blogging the past two weeks. I suppose with a new school year underway, that after-school tiredness has gotten the best of me. I have been cooking mostly recipes that I either made up or have done before- not really too much of interest. This week does, however, promise improvement. Up for the week is: chicken noodle soup (ok, yes, been there done that, but I have a cold so chicken noodle soup is in order), pork chops with parsley-wine noodles and spinach, a cabbage, bacon, & potato frittata, flank steak with chimichurri sauce and corn, and finally one of my favorites, scallops provencale.

The cooking begins tomorrow, as for tonight, it's El Patron.

1 comment:

  1. Dang. I'm just starting week 3 of school and I come home exhausted every night. I can't imagine cooking dinner on top of that. (and packing lunch for the next day :) Everything sounds delicious though! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete