Monday, August 2, 2010

Great Friends & Summer Spaghetti

So, it's been a while. I've been cooking, eating, and being married, but i have not stopped to write about any of it! I've had some really great food and some really great times these past couple of weeks, but I feel as if I've been living life in the fast lane! I went back to work today, sigh, but I was deeply encouraged in doing so as three of my good friends also returned to work today- so we suffered and rejoiced together.

On Friday night we had a going away party for one of my great friends Megan. She is teaching in Guatemala for ten months. So, my friends all gathered together to send her off. It was truly one of the best nights I have experienced in a while. It was so wonderful to have all of our friends together, laughing, sharing stories, and encouraging each other. I am so glad to have had the time with them and with Meg before she leaves!

As for the summer spaghetti...one night about two months ago I had to make a meal out of what we had in the house. I "googled" a spaghetti and meatballs recipe from both Ina Garten and cooks.com. I combined the meatballs from cooks.com and the sauce from Ina and it was delicious. Tonight I redid the recipe minus the meatballs. I just browned the ground beef and added it into my sauce (1 28oz can diced tomatoes, 1 medium onion diced, fresh parsley, oregano, and basil, 1 clove of garlic, minced, kosher salt, and ground pepper) tonight. My husband came home from a long day at work and we sat at our "kitchen table" (quotes because our table resides in our living room) with some candles, sprinkled on some freshly grated parmesean, and called it a meal. My spaghetti is called "summer spaghetti" because it uses fresh ingredients. We call the spaghetti my husband makes, "winter spaghetti" because it uses fewer fresh ingredients and it just somehow really only tastes good in the winter. So, all in all, we share the spaghetti making duties throughout the year. Below is the dish. Until next time..
.

No comments:

Post a Comment