Friday, August 27, 2010

For my heroes

I'm so glad that it is Friday! The week went pretty quickly, but I'm always thankful for a weekend. Today I had my students type a paragraph about who their hero is. As I started to think about it, I realized I have many heroes. My granddaddy is one of my heroes. As cliche as it may sound, I have always admired him, my whole life. No one can make me laugh like he does and no one loves me like he does. My friend Libby is my hero. She has just started fighting a battle with cancer. I think about her every single day and how she is just so brave and determined to beat this- and I pray a lot that she will. God is bigger than her cancer.

One of my culinary heroes is Julia Child. I admire how she had such a drive to learn how to cook. And- when she did, she rocked. Look how far she came. She went from barely dicing an onion to being one of America's most beloved chefs. I love Julia. I don't cook a lot of her recipes, but the ones I have adopted I love.

I, of course, have many more heroes- and, I want to give a shout out to a few. My husband is because he inspires me not to settle and to strive to become more of who I can be. My mom is because I learned how to do so much from her and she showed me what loving children is supposed to be like. Next my dad, because he shows me what unconditional love looks like and I know that I will forever be his little girl. My little brother is my hero because he is infinitely creative like I wish I could be and because he put up with me making him do absurd things during our childhood. And the list goes on.

As for some food...below are some images of dinner from the past two nights. The first is scallops provencale, a Ina Garten recipe. The second is pork chops with spinach and parsley-wine noodles. Both tasty. I seem to have a white and green theme going.


. this is the rice the scallops were placed on


this picture is of the leftovers that I took for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment