Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When all else fails, cook.

Today offered its share of ups and downs, but all was peaceful when I entered the kitchen tonight. Dinner was simple and very good. I made flank steak with chimichuri sauce and corn. Yes, we've been having quite a bit of corn lately because last month we bought 3 dozen- but it is so good. If you live near Chesterfield Berry Farm you should definitely grab a dozen.

The chimichuri sauce (Real Simple, July 2010) was so simple and good. It was made up of 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, minced, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, and salt. I also added a squirt of fresh lime juice.


When I was uploading the flank steak photo, I noticed another dish that I had not blogged about. It is a meal that I adapted from one I saw my friend Lucy make once. I don't really have a name for it, but it is a one-pan squash and chorizo dish. All I did was saute cut squash and onions which were seasoned with salt, and a dash of both sugar and garlic powder. Then, I added the chorizo. I topped it all of with chopped scallions. Its a great one-pan meal.



Since cooking dinner, its been a great night. I enjoyed a brownie after dinner and am currently watching Juno. Its making me laugh. Yes, a good night indeed. So my motto for today: when all else fails, cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment